SAUDI HIGHWAY CODE
* Never pull into a continuous stream of traffic with your eyes open.
* Slow vehicles should keep to the middle of the road and weave.
* Fast vehicles should stay in the slow lane or on the sidewalk.
* If you are coming from a side road onto the main road, you have the right of way. Do not slow down unless you roll over or hit something.
* Hand signals should primarily indicate the driver’s mood.
* Only stop at a red light if the car in front has stopped.
* At a crossroad when turning left, get into the right hand lane.
* At a crossroad when turning right get into the left-hand lane.
* If a taxi hits you, you are going too slow.
* If a police car hits you, you are driving recklessly.
* If you hit a Saudi it’s your fault.
* If you hit a Korean its his fault.
* If you hit a Yemeni go to the nearest police station and claim your prize.
* Do not enter spaces narrower than the width of the car, or a taxi narrower than the width of the passenger.
* It is a serious offense to drive when the horn is not working,
* The horn operation must be checked at least every 10 meters.
* You may also be required to have brakes.
* Dual carriageways are for driving in both directions, whichever side you are on.
* Do not park on the central reservation, this is reserved for Saudis whose cars are attached to lampposts.
* The internal mirror is for the use of the driver only – to comb his hair, fix his gutra or hang his animals from.
* If you are a foreigner, speed limit signs are in km/h
* If you are a native speed limit signs are in m.p.h.
* All drivers must comply with the speed limit or some multiple thereof.